Avantium N.V. (Euronext Amsterdam and Brussels: AVTX) (“Avantium” or “the Company”), a leading chemical technology company and forerunner in renewable chemistry, today reports its half year 2017 results.
Key indicators first half year 2017:
- Consolidated revenues for the first half year increased 37% to € 5.8 million (H1 2016: € 4.2 million). Catalysis business performed well above expectations, particularly due to strong sales of its Flowrence™ systems.
- € 109 million gross proceeds raised with successful listing on Euronext Amsterdam and Brussels. Avantium is included in the Small Cap Index Euronext (AScX) since 19 June 2017.
- € 25 million subsidy granted to Synvina, Avantium’s Joint Venture with BASF in renewable plastics; European PET Bottle Platform has given interim approval for the recyclability of PEF.
- In its Renewable Chemistries business, Avantium initiated construction of second generation sugar Pilot Plant in Delfzijl and secured new subsidies for electrochemistry development program amounting to € 2.4 million for Avantium. Next step in Zambezi process announced after the period under review: contract signed with AkzoNobel for pilot biorefinery.
- Outlook: focus will remain on delivering the strategic plans.