THIS PRESS RELEASE IS RESTRICTED AND IS NOT FOR RELEASE, DISTRIBUTION OR PUBLICATION, WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY AND WHETHER IN WHOLE OR IN PART, INTO OR IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA, JAPAN OR IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION IN WHICH THE RELEASE, DISTRIBUTION OR PUBLICATION WOULD BE UNLAWFUL.
ADVERTISEMENT – This announcement is relating to the Company’s (as defined below) launch of its Offering (as defined below) and the admission of the Offer Shares (as defined below) on Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Brussels. This announcement does not constitute a prospectus. This announcement is for information purposes only and is not intended to constitute, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy shares in any jurisdiction, including the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, the Republic of South Africa and any jurisdiction where the Offer Shares cannot be lawfully made to existing shareholders (a “Restricted Jurisdiction”). The English version of the Prospectus (as defined below), which includes a Dutch summary, has been approved by the Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets (Stichting Autoriteit Financiële Markten) (the “AFM“), was published and made available at no cost at the start of the offer period through the corporate website of the Company https://www.avantium.com/equityraise/, subject to securities law restrictions in certain jurisdictions. An offer to acquire Offer Shares (as defined below) pursuant to the Offering will be made, and any potential investor should make their investment, solely on the basis of information that will be contained in the Prospectus and in particular the “Risk Factors” section. Potential investors should read the Prospectus (and notably the risk factors section) before making an investment decision in order to fully understand the potential risks and rewards associated with the decision to invest in the Offer Shares. The approval of the Prospectus by the AFM should not be understood as an endorsement of the quality of the Offer Shares and the Company.
Avantium announces the launch of a fully underwritten rights offering of €50 million
- 5 for 8 rights offering of 27,018,772 ordinary shares at an Issue Price of €1.87 per Offer Share
- Cornerstone investments and irrevocable shareholder commitments representing 44% of the offering:
- €4.5 million strategic cornerstone investment from SENFI Ventures Co., Ltd, an affiliate of SCG Chemicals Public Company Limited, in conjunction with new strategic partnership
- €7.5 million cornerstone investment from Dutch entrepreneur Pieter Kooi
- €10.4 million commitments from long-term shareholders APG, investors represented by Wierda en Partners Vermogensbeheer B.V. and Navitas B.V.
- The Issue Price represents a discount of 35.1% to the theoretical ex-rights price based on the closing price of €3.51 on Euronext Amsterdam on 25 January 2024
- Ex-rights Date: 29 January 2024
- Rights trading period: from 9:00 CET on 29 January 2024 to 17:36 CET on 6 February 2024
- Record Time: 17:40 CET on 30 January 2024
- Exercise Period: from 9:00 CET on 29 January 2024 to 17:45 CET on 8 February 2024
 APG means Stichting Pensioenfonds ABP and Stichting Depositary APG Developed Markets Equity Pool for the benefit of APG Developed Markets Equity Pool, jointly.
AMSTERDAM, 26 January 2024, 08:55 hrs CET – Avantium N.V. (the “Company” or “Avantium”) today announces the launch of a capital increase by means of a fully underwritten rights offering, for an amount of €50 million.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE OFFERING/ INFORMATIE OVER DE AANDELENUITGIFTE